Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Thanks a lot Cymbalta!

If you've never seen the current commercial for Cymbalta (an anti-depressant drug) I pray you never do. Imagine the most depressing 30 second commercial concievable and you'll have the latest ad for this drug.

I've seen the commercial several times now and every time I do I feel like going to bed and never getting up, walking around with my head down or ignoring everyone around me while I stare at the ground.
To make it worse the commercial sucks you in and you have to watch the whole thing. As they say "misery loves company" and they use that against us the viewing public.

You are sly sly dog Cymbalta, making a product to make people feel better and then going ahead and making a commercial that will ensure you business for a long time. Ugh, I'm going back to bed...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes dan yes!

Sara said...

I saw the commercial yesterday during the Oscar's and I have to say that you're right it is the most depressing commercial ever. The only reason I was able to smile is because I thought of your blog entry.