Thursday, February 28, 2008

Make a Memory

Life is meant to be enjoyed. We don't have to wander around and just go through the motions of everyday living without joy. One way to spice things up a bit is to make memories, even in small menial daily tasks/routines we can make a memory.
I'll use the example of a previous post, the Rambo Experience. I'm sure many people thought that was silly and childish but I'll tell you what, years from now when I'm sitting on Luke's porch I won't remember the movie so much but I'll remember the costumes we wore and the fun we had.
Yes, I do know that that was a silly thing and maybe not what God is talking about when He talks about Abundant life, but maybe a part of it is. All I know is that is was good, clean fun and I'm glad to have it as a memory.

My point is this, enjoy the life God has given you. I'm not saying you need to dress up and go to movies, but find ways to make memories and live life abundantly no matter where you are. By doing so you'll give God glory and affect the lives of people around you. A joyful person is a magnetic person, people want to be around joy and have it themselves. There's too much numbness/boredom in the average persons routine, why not shake that up a bit? Luke and I may have looked like idiots but I know we made a few people smile. I encourage you to find ways to make memories in every walk of life.

3 comments:

jdmill said...

Mr. Memory Maker himself announced his retirement from the Green Bay Packers today...

you going to be okay?

Jeff said...

Porta I hope you'll be mourning accordingly with a fine assortment of Wisconsin beer, brats, and cheese. Life will go on- the Packers just won't be as good.

il Dan said...

I'll be okay, but the football world is a little less interesting. Sad day, sad day.