Friday, October 26, 2007

A Few Thoughts

During the last 2 weeks my boy has been sick and thus there hasn't been a lot of sleeping going on in the house, during this time of semi-consciousness I've had many random thoughts float through my head. I will share some of them with because I'm sure there are a few that are quite profound.

Thoughts while neither fully awake or asleep:

I really enjoy spicy food.

The last race at the end of "Chariots of Fire" is still one of the top 5 goosebump scenes in cinematic history.

I've been watching and enjoying Survivor, although I'm immensely more excited to start watching The Amazing Race (the second greatest reality show right behind Ted Nugent's show which will never be topped).

Kris Collins is now a married man, congrats!

Gun opener is next weekend and I look forward to killing a beast or two, ripping it's guts out with my hands and bringing the meat home for my wife and boy to feed upon.

I regularly find inch + long eyebrow hairs and I must say that I'm excited at the prospect of being an old man with long wispy eyebrow hairs.

What if bruises never healed?

The combination of a crisp fall afternoon and the smell of grilling is refreshingly fabulous.

Adelvise, adelvise every morning you greet me, small and white, clean and bright, you look happy to me, to me....

I'm convinced that in Heaven when the angles sing it sounds like a thousand box fans running in unison, such a peaceful wonderful sound.

Cesar Milan (the Dogwhisperer) should be involved in all international disputes/peace talks/political debates/etc. When anyone gets out of line he can do his chhtt cchhhtt thing and if gets really bad he could just pin them to the groud and hold them there until they demonstrate calm submissiveness.

Blossom of winter bloom and grow, bloom and grow forever!

Pretentious people suck, you all know who you are so just knock it off.

I shot baskets the other day for the first time in a long time, I proceeded to hit 95 out of 100 freethrows and I was about %80 from 3-pt range and beyond....I was thoroughly disappointed.

"Like your work, love your wife." Wise words from Del Griffith (you better know what movie this is from).

Dogs that are under a certain weight need a different name, it just seems so wrong to lump a 2 lb Chihauhau yipper in the same category as an 80 lb loyal, house protecting, burglar eating German Shepherd. I'm open to suggestions, I've only come up with Ferats (cause they're more like rats and ferrets), Dunnies, or Pogs.

I'l finish this rambling with another good quote: "Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." Thank you Mr. Abraham Lincoln.


A picture of my personal facial hair was requested so here's some minor winter growth that I had last year (growth time was approximately 2 days). This year I look forward to repeating the same beard and maybe even letting it go a little longer.


9 comments:

Jeff said...

Could there be anything greater than reading TheDan instead of paying attention in class? Wait, slap me for even asking. Of course there's not. I wept with joy at the sight of your beard. Just a picture of your beard could cure small pox.

Four things on a crisp, clear Friday morning:

1) I echo your congrats to the new Mr. and Mrs. Kris Collins. May their lives be bountiful and full of splendor.

2) Real World/Road Rules Challenge is easily one of the greatest reality shows ever.

3) I see you one day being like Pai Mei, with the super long bushy eye brows, a sweet beard and infinite wisdom.

4) The combination of a crisp fall afternoon and grilling reminds me of tailgating and football. And it causes me to weep that I don't get to do more of all of those things.

Thank you for your wisdom, TheDan. Have a fantabulous weekend.

il Dan said...

Jeff, your words of adulation are as a cold beer on a hot day or a cold beer on a cold morning of tailgating....splendidly perfect.

I agree RW/RR Challenge is definitely up there.

I weep with you in spirit my Canadian friend.

nontalk said...

aportaman... you really need to stop blogging. I was just LMAO at my desk at work. What do you want me to get fired. LOLZ! OMG.

jdmill said...

You can call small dog's whatever you want, I call mine Hell's Belles. Jeff can attest to this.
But, then again, would you expect anything less from the Jer than having two 6# dogs that are both bad-asses?
Maybe adding to what is manly you can add: sometimes letting your wife have what she wants is a good thing for your marriage. Like, oh, I don't know, two 6# dogs?

il Dan said...

Jer, you are most certainly correct about letting your wife have things she wants.
You are indeed More manly for your self-control in tolerating such creatures and being so loving towards your wife.

Ehlan said...

What's LMAO? Apparently I don't text or IM enough...

il Dan said...

Ehlan, I believe LMAO means Laughing My "Butt" Off.
It's important to point out that I myself have never used such an abbreviation.

Ehlan said...

It's amazing how you can have such wisdom on things you have never used/done. :)

il Dan said...

Yes, it is quite amazing.