Monday, October 8, 2007

A Little Make Out

Last Monday I made a quick observation that would make your week and life better. I've decided to make that a weekly occurence, I will try to write a post each Monday (schedule permitting) that will give you a little piece of wisdom to make life a little better for you.

This weeks post is for married people only, those of you who are engaged may read and save the advice. Those of you who are single may take the next few minutes that you would've spent reading this post to ponder the following: is theDan good enough to beat himself in (insert any form of one on one competition)?

As we grow older life tends to get more busy, more responsibilities are put on us and our schedules become much more constricted. As married couples, especially with children, we must make sure that we are taking time to make out a bit. It's easy and justified after a tiring day of working and/or parenting to just plop down on the couch and veg out for a bit. As a master of couch sitting I cannot say there is anything wrong with that, however, I will say that every so often it's good to grab your lady or vica versa (lady grab your man) and get down to kissing. If you do this even once a week you'll find that life is a little better. There's just something about good make out that is so right. Now don't get me wrong, there are other forms of intimacy that are Very important for us married folk ( *eyebrow raised in suggestive manner with smirk on my face* ) but we must not lose touch with the simple make out session.
All you husbands take a night this week to surprise your lady with a little couch make out session (or back seat of the car if you want to be spontaneous...even if it's in the driveway). Do it at least once, maybe even twice this week, lips were made for kissing!

Before I leave you to plan your lip loving I must clarify specifically what I mean by Making Out.
I define Making Out as "sustained smooching that follows an ebb and flow of soft, gentle kissing and more vigorous, passionate lip-locking with the occasional neck smooch/nuzzle and ear nibble." It's important to note that while groping does occur it is PG-13 groping (arms, some leg, back, neck, partial buttock) and all clothes stay on.

Have fun this week with your kissing, if you need specific information on types of kisses and techniques feel free to ask, I am an overflowing well of knowledge.

12 comments:

Sara said...

Good post from theDan. This does not take away from your Manliness at all. Don't listen to anonymous please.

il Dan said...

Anonymous, I am merely sharing ways in which a married persons life can be bettered. Manliness if anything is fulfilling ones duty and as a husband one of your duties is to make out with your wife. All men should be reminded of this and rebuked if they don't do it.
Also, Never tell me what I should or shouldn't do because I never do anything that isn't valuable and shouldn't be done.
Should your future posts contain such ridiculousness as your last they will be deleted.

Sarar, don't worry I don't listen to anyone but theDan.

il Dan said...

After further thought I have deleted a post made by an anonymous person who is not wise. They had the audacity to speak on the Manliness of theDan and that is just wrong in every way. The rest of you take this as a warning.

I'll have to write a "Rules for Commenting" post soon so such insanity can be avoided in the future.

jdmill said...

What did this anonymous person say? Must have been horrible for The Dan to delete.

The Portas said...

Anonymous is just jealous that he/she can't make out with theDan. Lucky me, I get to!

il Dan said...

Jer, Anonymous said that the post shouldn't been posted and my Manliness was affected by such a post.
I know, it's ludicrous.

Sara said...

bhscksj m - Message from Malachi with his opinion about anonymous. He was quite outraged about anonymous' comment. I think we have a real Man growing in our midst.

Ehlan said...

I am so thankful for your advice. You may have just saved my marriage. Maybe you should think about switching careers...marriage & family therapist?

il Dan said...

Sarar, Malachi is wise already at a young age. May he continue to learn from me and be a man.

Ehlan, I have considered such a career as I know all that is necessary to make a marriage and family work in perfect harmony. However, my wisdom is so vast that I must focus on all areas of life. I do recognize the importance of family and will direct many posts to that subject as well as many other immensely important topics.

Ehlan said...

Well if you ever do think of switching careers, I am always looking for a business partner...Porta & Thompson Counseling...notice I put the man's name first...

Ms. K said...

Since when can only married people take time to make out. That is clear discrimation!

il Dan said...

Ehlan, you wouldn't have to put my name first. I do get to be in charge of beating down dead beat husbands/dads though!

Gina, I don't discriminate it's just that when single people make out it can lead to hugging and back massages and that's just not appropriate unless your married.